Terms of Reference
The Charta XXI Movement is offering a one year long internship possibility for a member of the movement in Ukraine
The selected candidate will work under the supervision of a member of the board of the Charta XXI Association.
Key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
– Organizing 4 events in Ukraine (with special attention to the Trans-Carpathia part) on the issue of reconciliation between peoples during the period of March 2014 – March 2015.
– Monitoring the press for “good news” concerning co-existence of the different nationalities in Ukraine.
– Contact-management with the Ukrainian members of the Charta XXI Movement.
– Awareness raising regarding the Charta XXI Movement in Ukraine and collecting signatures for the Charter of Reconciliation. (targeted number of signatories – upon agreement with supervisor)
– Maintaining the www.chartaxxi.eu website in Ukrainian language.
– Good understanding of the co-existence of minority and majority cultures in Ukraine, especially in the Trans-Carpathian region
– Commitment for the reconciliation between the peoples in East Central Europe
– Member of the Charta XXI Movement (meaning the applicant has already signed the Charter of Reconciliation)
– fluency in Ukrainian and in English or Hungarian
– Presence in Ukraine or maximal flexibility to travel regularly to the country
– Excellent writing, communication and social skills
The internship is a home-based activity with flexible working hours. Deadlines upon agreements with the supervisor should be respected.
Modest monthly scholarship will be paid by the Charta XXI Association to the selected candidate. (50 €/ month)
The intern will gain significant working experience in an international NGO.
How to apply:
Interested people should send their CVs and motivation letter in English or Hungarian to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is: 20 February, 2014